Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Bit Of Beauty

I don't know about you, but I need some beauty and flowers today.  I love our foggy weather and colder days, due to the heat being hard on me, but there are times when I just need that bright splash of color to make my day a bit brighter and more enhanced.

Isolino loves to give me flowers.  I have a sweet swan vase that is on the small side.  I love to look at it, and it sits in my kitchen window.  It catches the sun, when there are no flowers in it, and it is there for those sweet surprises when a flower shows up suddenly in this vase.

It is a wonderful gift that Isolino gives to me, to allow me to look forward to seeing the flowers he chooses for me.  It has gotten into a family gift to me, as both Jolynn and Kaylee have gotten into the act of picking beautiful flowers that they see, and putting them in the vase to surprise me.  I never know who has done it, and I do ask Isolino if it was him, when I see one there.  It is a quiet gift of love, that is appreciated so very much.  It is also to see how soon I notice these gifts.  Sometimes I see them right away, and sometimes it has been there a day, before I have noticed.  Now, I try to check every day, because it is just not right to recognize when someone has done something kind and generous for you.

I am trying to do that in my own life, when others have given me unexpected gifts or done something generous that should be recognized.  I always plan to do "thank you" cards, but sometimes my own life gets so hectic that I lose track of whether I had thanked someone or not, and then it gets so far from that time, that I am embarrassed to say anything, because it is so late.  I wonder if you deal with that too.  I have some friends that are right on top of those "thank yous" and I always wonder if they think I don't appreciate their gifts as much as I do, because I have not gotten that "thank you" to them.

I have been blessed with such generous friends.  I feel so thankful to God for the friendships He's brought me.  I tell my kids, "I prayed years and years for good friends.  Now God has given me so many wonderful friends, that the time in my life where I had few friends, seems non-existent".  It is so hard on these younger kids.  Friendships are so shallow, and dramatic.  I pray for my kids to have good friends.  My oldest and middle daughter are finding friendships to be more lasting as they have gotten older.  My youngest has struggled to find friends that understand her.  She has a few good friends, but at school the drama gets intense.

I think of our relationship with God.  Do we thank Him for the things He does for us.  Do we recognize when He's given us a gift?  How long does it take us to see that He's given it?  Do we praise Him for Who He is, or for what He does for us?  All week long, I was working on my accounting at work.  I was trying to get the bank statement and my checkbook to balance, but it just wasn't going well.  I probably went over it twenty times, and each time was getting a different figure.  I was praying and asking God's help the whole time, but it just wasn't balancing.  At one point, I had been praying all night, and the next day, before I went into work, I asked God to please help me balance it, because I needed to take care of some things, and this was just taking so long.  Well, I went over it two or three times, and finally, on the last time, it all balanced.  I just lifted my hands and said, "Praise the Lord.".  Isolino was there, and he raised his hands, and I said, 'YES!  Praise the Lord, I finally got it balanced."  We laughed, but it was a huge thing for me.  I could feel the warfare of the enemy.  When you are getting different amounts and you are doing the same numbers, there is definitely something going on!

Now, I know I was praising Him for what He had done for me, but I was also praising Him for Who He Is, because He was the only One, Who could cut through the mist that the enemy was putting up there.  Our God is Victorious.  He is Mighty.  He is able to do so much more than we can ask or imagine.  That is what His Word says.  He says "we have not, because we ask not."  One of my favorite verses has always been, "Seek and ye shall find, Ask and ye shall receive, Knock and the door shall be opened."

I use this verse in my prayer time.  It means so much to me.  I pray that it will help you too.  I apply God's Word to my life.  When He gives me a verse to ponder, I usually think how I can use it in my everyday life.  God's Word is active.  It is sharper than a two edged sword.  It cuts through the marrow and the bone.  It really does have an affect on our lives, if we will believe it.  Apply it.  Live it.  I encourage you to think on what I have shared here today.  Think of those people in your lives that have helped you.  Given you gifts that weren't expected.  Shared their lives with you in some special way.  Especially think of where God has been there for you.  He loves you so much.  He loves to be appreciated.  But you know what the really neat thing is?  God's Word says. "that God inhabits the praises of His people."  That means, as you begin to praise Him, He shows up in a big way.  I don't know about you, but I like having God in my life in a big way.  He has done so much for me.  I believe He has done lots for you too.  Have you seen it yet?  Have you recognized where His footsteps have been in your life?  I love you all.  I pray this will encourage you to see more clearly than before.  Have a wonderful Sunday, tomorrow.  I pray your night tonight is blessed.

4 comments:

  1. My dear friend, This was written so beautifully~
    You touched on such Truth about the Bits of Beauty all around us, we just need to stop and take the time to realize it....
    Our Lord gives us many splashes of color throughtout our lives in so many ways~
    It is always there for our viewing, at times we are not able to see it, due to our lack of faith in trusting and relying totally on Him!
    Some choose the time and the place....
    And, when it is up to us, boy, do we lose out big time!
    We miss so many delightful opportunities....

    Gods timing is always perfected, with an array of colors added with touches of sweetness and grace~
    And, is it ever so Beautiful, it is for sure a Divine Intervention as only He can present to us~
    You are so correct in saying that "God inhabits the praises of His people".
    His spendor and glory abounds everywhere, and we need to be in constant Trust and Faith that He is indeed leading us where His Holy Footsteps will take us~
    It is not always so easy to accomplish complete trust all of the time. But, His grace and love continues to be there for us, even when we may not think or believe it is, because of our feelings and emotions of what we are going through at a particular time in our lives.....
    And, stan, as I call him..who is satan...likes to bring us at such a low, where he zaps us of our energy and enthusiasn with life....what a low lifer and creep he can be...
    I know, because recently I have gone through this, my husband and I had to fight and continue to sift through the garbage that he was trying to take us in....

    Praise the Lord for His ever lasting Love,
    as Jesus shares, He is consistantly among us...
    From Deuteronomy 31:8
    "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

    What a totally awesome God we have!
    And, especially the wonder of heavenly friends that He presents us with on this earth.
    You and your family are one of those to our family~
    We are so thankful and grateful to all of you as showers of heavenly gifts to be treasured~
    Thank you Laura for your lovely encouraging words to those who read your blog....
    We are praising our Father for the clear guidance and direction for our family that he has bestowed upon us! Praise God for His Mighty Plan...We still don't know our future as it stands, but we are abiding only in Him for everything moment by moment, day by day~
    Love you dear Laura,
    Many Blessings to you and your family,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear precious friend Cindy,

    How I know how you have gone through the garbage of what the enemy has thrown your way. How our prayers have been lifted up in you and your family's behalf.

    What you have written here, is so beautiful. It is a gift to me, it truly is. Those who read it will be so blessed by your words. You are one of those, whose "thank yous" I have treasured, and who I always feel bad, when I cannot get one back for all the generous ways your family has opened your home to us. Thank You!

    We will always be friends. God has bound our hearts and spirits together with His cord of love. He has given us understanding of one another, and that is a rare and precious gift indeed.

    I thank you for your encouragement, and I continue to pray for God's blessings upon you and your family. I love you dearly.

    Your words here are powerful and special. Your gift of writing is so special, my dear friend. I look forward to seeing how God will use your writing in the future. I know He will.

    May your night be peaceful and blessed. Love you very much. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, that is right, Isolino. Thanks for reminding me, that is what we need to do. Tell the enemy to get away from us. Thank you, Cindy, for giving us a new phrase to say.

    ReplyDelete