Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Beautiful Day

Today was a beautiful day.  I didn't get some of the things I wanted done, done, but I was able to spend some precious time with my husband, which we both needed so much.

We love to take pictures, and Isolino had seen in the paper, that there were flowers around the Kautz winery in Murphys, CA.  So, we took a drive up to Murphys to check things out.

We did not see a lot of flowers, but there were some there at the winery, plus two Canadian Geese and a duck, at a pond they had there.  We saw some camellias which were gorgeous, and some cute yellow finches. The main thing is, that we got to spend time together, get a good walk in and take photos, which we love to do.

We went to the park in Murphys, and then walked downtown.  We saw Kim and Dave Hamilton, and many others, who we stopped and talked with.  At the park, we went across the street to visit the Veterans Memorial that they had put up.  As we were there, we saw a complete rainbow around the sun.  Such a wondrous sight to see.  Isolino got an amazing photo out of it, and I was in awe of God's blessings and love towards us, that He would show us a beautiful sight such as that.  As always, I tried to share this wondrous sight with others, but this time, the lady just looked at me funny, and walked on, not even interested in seeing this neat sight.  I felt so sad for her. Not to enjoy the beauty that was put there for us to see and enjoy and be encouraged by.

Most people are fascinated to see the wonders of a new sight, that they never before witnessed.  I remember sharing a sun rainbow with a friend of mine (sundog) and she had never seen one before in her life, and she was in her fifties.  How amazing is God's wonders around us.  Isolino has helped me to see and find bugs now, that I never found before, just by getting me to look closer at the leaves and things that they are climbing on.  My favorites to find now, are the little ladybugs.  Finding ladybugs has become a real treat and like a treasure hunt.  I look more closely at the leaves than ever before, because of what I might miss, if I don't.

It is said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I also believe it is in the eyes of those who will take the time to look and see what is out there.  I always loved taking long car rides, because I would either go into daydream mode, or I would just enjoy the scenery I would see as we traveled.  Seeing deer, antelope, bears, rabbits, buffalo, cows, horses, mountains, streams, sheep, goats, and whatever else was out there, was a real treat and still is.  How wonderful for my children to also carry on this tradition.  We saw two male deer fighting this year for the first time.  What a wonder it was to see that, considering it was so close to the highway, and you had to see it at just the right moment to even see it.  Not only did I see it, but my kids and Isolino did too.  How wonderful for my oldest daughter to go to Africa, and go on a wildlife safari, and see "twigas" (giraffes), lions, hippopotamus', monkeys, zebras, and so much more.  She got this opportunity, by doing what God called her to do, go on a missions trip.

I encourage you, to enjoy the beautiful days that God sends your way.  Each day has a blessing in it, just for you.  This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.  Lets be glad for the good things that come our way.  Lets find that beauty that God has brought our way.  Today, was one of those days for me.  The beauty around me, the beauty of spending time with my husband, the beauty of seeing friends, the beauty of sunshine and rainbows, the beauty of flowers and nature.  But most of all, having joy, because of God's Presence in our lives, so that we could appreciate what came our way.  I pray you will be blessed with beautiful days, and precious memories.  May your hearts be filled with abundance.

2 comments:

  1. My rainbow around the sun photo is not that good but its interesting, I will show it our next photo club meeting at our church on Tuesday. Then you can post it here if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Isolino. I would like to do that. I can't wait to see it on the big screen. I think it was really cool, from what I saw of it.

    ReplyDelete