Monday, January 24, 2011

I Dedicate This To The One I Love

Tonight, I would like to dedicate this blog to the one I love, Isolino.  He is the love of my life.  I have loved him ever since high school, and even in our ups and downs, I can't imagine life without him.

I was convicted this week, of not really letting him know how important he is to me and to our family.  No, it isn't an anniversary or a birthday.  It is close to Valentines Day, but no, it is not because of that, either.  It is just that sometimes, when life is stressful and busy, we tend to forget to tell those who we love and who are important to us, how much we love and need them.

So, tonight, I am letting Isolino know, through this blog, just how special he is to all of us.  You see, on Saturday, Isolino became a certified ICar welder.  Now, that might not seem like a big deal, but it was a very big deal for us, because even though he has been working in the body shop business for more than thirty years, and knows the business very well, it is becoming more and more of an insurance driven business, and they are getting tougher on certifications and how shops are run.  So, for us, this was a critical issue and important to qualify for. Also, at this time, very expensive.   Of course, you have to do, what you have to do.  So, Isolino was able to get into a class, and get the certification.  He did a great job, and I, for one, am so proud of him.

That is what Isolino is like.  He is a take charge kind of guy.  He sees where we need something, or how something can be better, and he goes and takes care of it.  He is our computer guy, our Mr. fix-it guy, our bread winner, and the one who plans our fun trips and adventures.  He always tries to make sure each of the kids has a good birthday.  Our tradition is the one he started, so long ago.  We take the birthday person out to dinner wherever they want to go.  It is a nice way, to let someone know they rate high in your heart.  He does all this, as if it comes so easily for him, but you know, he has to work at it, just like anyone else, but his gift is, he just does it.

I am more blessed than I can tell you, with a husband who cares about my needs.  He always surprises me with something that I will really like.  He thinks of what will help me out in my creative places.  He is very technologically tuned in, so we know who to ask about gadgets that are out in the market, and he puts up with my "non-techno" self.  He just shakes his head, and shows me again, what I couldn't seem to remember, from the last time he showed me something on the computer or with my camera.

Isolino takes the most amazing photos.  You would think that his talent alone would have gotten me into photography, but the truth is, I didn't think I could ever take as good of a picture as he does, so why did I bother to?  After he showed me Flickr and the wonderful things "I" could do on it, that is when his love of photography gelled for me, and I knew I could at least join him on the trips he took to get those fabulous photos.  I am more eclectic than Isolino in my photography, so we always have a variety of photo's to choose from.  He has even blessed me, with using some of my photos in his videos and Flickr pages.  That blesses me, to know I made him proud of my pictures.   He has taken his photos to a whole new level, with his video clips, and if you haven't received one, just ask for one, and we'll send one out to you.  He puts those photos to music, and it is so soothing and peaceful to your soul.  Of course, I mentioned his web sight," Inspirational Bible Verses.com", in which he has been putting some of his photos to Scripture, for free usage to others.

Isolino has been a hard worker all his life.  He did so many different things, and I found out just recently, that his dream was to be in the Forestry Service.  I never knew that.  See, you can learn new things every day, from someone you thought you knew so well.  Always an adventure, if you allow it to be.  He has always loved nature, and being in nature, brings him closer to God.  I feel that way too.  I see so much of God's handiwork out there, to be savored and enjoyed in the deepest parts of our spirit and soul.

The best thing I love about Isolino, besides his strength of character, love of God and family, and his faithful heart, is that he can make me laugh and smile, and that is so important to a relationship.  If you can't laugh in the stressful times, then you really have a problem.  You see, God brings freedom and release through our laughter and through our willingness to find joy in the midst of trouble.  My husband can brighten up my day with his jokes, his smile, his humor, and just being him.  He speaks a word of truth, and bam!  That lie just flies away on the tail ends of our laughter.  God's Word says, "Darkness may last for a night, but joy, comes in the morning."  We need to remember that JOY is coming, when darkness surrounds us.  We need to find those funny things that happen in our midst.

I am so blessed, that God brought Isolino and I together.  We have learned so much and been through so much.  Our children have been blessings in our lives, even with their unique individualities.  Each has gotten a double dose of stubbornness from both Isolino and I.Isolino is stubborn in a very good way.  He has stood for our family, stood for his job, stood for his church, stood for his kids, stood for me, his wife.

God said that marriage is a good thing.  He wants us to live and learn in love.  To learn to forgive, to compromise in a good way, to appreciate the differences and celebrate the ways we are the same.  To find common ground.  To be willing to let go of our own needs and meet the needs someone else has.  I truly believe marriage is a way we can learn to know God better.  It is in giving of ourselves freely, to someone else, that we learn how much God loves us individually.  He wants that intimacy with us, that we share with our spouses.  To be vulnerable to someone else.  To be willing to open up our wounds and share our pain.  Soon, as we learn to do these things, we begin to think alike.  Isolino and I did, and there are times when we are talking, and we both say the same thing, at the same time.  I never thought I'd have that, but God brought it about, as we both surrendered our hearts to Him, and learned to love and forgive, to appreciate and applaud.

So, tonight, maybe you have someone who needs to hear from you, how much you appreciate them, how proud you are of them, or how much you love them.  Don't waste the time you have.  Let them know what they mean in your life.  Let them hear how your life is richer and better, because they are in them.  I know, I am so much better today, because I have Isolino in my life.  I am better today, because of my children being in my life.  I am better today, because of my family being in my life.  I am better today, because of my good friends in my life.  I am better today, because of my church family being part of my life.  I am better today, because Christ came down to earth, to die on a cross, so I might be free, to accept Him in my life, and grow into a more whole and balanced individual, than I ever would have been, without His great, deep love, flowing over me, as I repented of my sins, and asked Him to be Lord of my life.  He gave Isolino and I to each other. We both have been blessed, because He Lives.  God bless each of you, too.  I love you, Isolino.  I love you kids.  I love you friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment