Thursday, February 17, 2011

Life On The Vine

I will be gone until Tuesday.  I pray that you will all be blessed in the next few days, with the Life of Christ flowing freely towards you.  May you feel His Love and Care in your situations.  May you be encouraged by His Power making a way where there seems to be no way.

He says, "I Am the Vine, you are the branches"  We are supported by His Life.  We are given nourishment and help in our times of need.  We are healthy in Him, but apart from Him, our lives are damaged goods.  With Him, our lives have purpose and meaning.  He brings vitality to our weak parts and strength to our cracked places.  None of us is worthy, but because of His Love, we have new hope, new beginning, and new life.

When our roots are deep into the vine, we are given of the Living Water.  The Holy Spirit brings to our hearts and minds what Jesus has said, what He has done, and what He is going to do.  The Holy Spirit brings us joy, comfort, and hope.  The Holy Spirit brings us to the knowledge of God, and opens up revelatory knowledge, to bring Truth into our blinded eyes.  As we wield the sword of Truth, the Word of God, we break bondages around us.

"Whoever lives in Me, and I in him bears much [abundant] fruit.  However apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing."  John 15:5  I want to be an abundant branch.  I want my boughs to be bowed down with abundance of fruit that glorifies God.  I want to bring joy to my Father's heart.  I want Him to say, "Well done, My good and faithful servant".  I want to let my heavenly Father be blessed by seeing my life given wholly to Him.   What about you?  Do you want your life to be abundant with fruit?  Do you know you are a bearer of fruit?  When I first asked God about my gifts, I thought I only had one.  He showed me that I had the gift of encouragement.  I began to use that gift as He led me to use it.  It was often a great step of faith to do what He asked of me, but I stepped out in faith, doing my best to use what He gave me, to my utmost, for His highest glory.  As I used this gift, I began to realize that I had other gifts, and then more showed up.  That story about the talents, is so true.  As you use what He gives you, He will give you more, as long as you use those gifts for His glory.  So, begin to find out what gifts you have.  It may be a natural gift, it may be a spiritual gift, but whatever He has given you, use it for Him.  Glorify Him with your talent, your gift, your life.

I look forward to hearing about what you find out from God about yourself.  I look forward to hearing about your steps of faith.  I look forward to seeing that abundance come into your life.  Oh, dear ones, may you be set free to soar!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful that if we are living a life in Christ, we can be deep rooted in His Vine...
    We don't have to be like Tarzan swinging from one vine to the next to get where we need to go!
    If we have asked Jesus in our lives, we are now a part of His vine, filled with a life that can be so rewarding and fruitful~
    Even as your photos show, a beautiful heartshaped ivy vine growing way up, reaching and extending as far as these can go....
    And then the grapevines, even in its dormant season, as in winter time...these plants are deep rooted, replenishing and getting the nourishment that they need, via the raindrops and sunshine that is brought to them in order to bring forth such great flavor and fine wine to be made in the late summer~
    Just as our Lord prepares us, no matter what season it is, we can replenish ourselves daily in His Holy Word, spiritual Christian music, uplifting ways to share what God has blessed us with towards others, spending time in fellowship with great brothers and sisters in the Lord, surrounding ourselves with the beauty of nature that God created for us to enjoy and be in~
    We can be always, no matter the weather, even if it's a storm in your lives, inside effecting your emotions....
    Remembering, that God has given us "Life on the Vine", as Laura's Encouraging Words have stated...
    Use that Life...share the juices on your vine...
    And may it intertwine with many others who will become blessed through the spreading of your spiritual roots to others~
    May you dear friend have a Most Lovely time away with your husband and girls enjoying the ocean breeze and it's scenic beauty that God has prepared for you these next few days ahead for all of you~
    Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear Cindy,

    Such lovely and loving words. I love how you write. I am sipping on the juices of what you wrote, so that I can be filled with remembering again the wonderful day God gave us. I just read John 15 and 16 and it is indeed the only way for us to be, abiding in the vine of Christ. His Life is so precious to me. Each taste of communion is a taste of His love and mercy for me. I love you dear friend. Thank you for your precious comments. We did have a wonderful time. So much joy and love. It is good to be with family and have family enjoying each other.

    ReplyDelete