Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dreaming Of The Future

I love magnolia trees, especially these purple and white ones.  They have a wonderful fragrance as well.  Ever since I found out about magnolia trees, I have been a bit in love with them, and wanting them for myself, in my own yard.  This weekend, on our road trip, I saw so many gorgeous magnolia trees, and this one, that I took a picture of, was one that Isolino stopped especially for me to capture.  Thank you, honey.

My kids were sick of hearing me say, "There's a magnolia tree", and at the end of the trip, I told them I wouldn't talk about the magnolia trees for the rest of the trip.  I think I failed at that, as I did mention about one tree I saw, but it was a gorgeous tree with a full bouquet of magnolias on its limbs.  But that is what our dreams should be for us.  We should be talking about them, dreaming about them, and praying about them.  If God has given you a dream, a promise, or a Word to hold onto, you should be holding on to that with all you have, and meditating on what God is doing.  It is like what I sense with the magnolia tree.  I may not have one now, but someday, I am dreaming that I will have a garden full of the plants and flowers and trees that I love, that will be a blessing to all who come and visit there.  It is like what I get to do, when I go to my good friend Cindy Winn's house.  She has a garden that is tended with such loving care.  She has plants that she has tended for years, and is now seeing the fruit of her labors, and she shares this delight with her friends and church family.

This garden is full of whimsical designs and plans, and she has given lots of thought and care to how and where things are planted, to give them the best chance of survival and the most delight to her garden.  She has water features all over the garden, as well, and to hear the soft movement of water while you walk in the shady places, is like a chorus for your soul to burst out singing psalms to God in.  Each time I have visited her lovely garden, I find new delights to flood my senses with.  Each season has been planned for, so each season you visit will have its own treasure to take home with you.  This is how we should tend the dreams, promises, and Words that God has given us.  We should plan for each season of their lives, before they come to fruition.  Plant that seed deep in your heart.  Water it, tend it, prune it, love on it, with the words God gives to you to hold you to the vision.  Watch it grow.  In God's Word we read that "My people perish for lack of vision".    Where there is no vision to implant God's plans, we will die spiritually.  If we do not have something to work towards, we lose hope in a good future.

God has given me some big dreams to hold onto.  I don't know how He would do what He says He is going to do, but my job isn't to worry about how all of it will come about, but to believe Him.  To trust Him to work the details out, while I work on keeping close to Him.  I know many of you have been given dreams to hang onto.  Things you can't share, but that God has placed in your hearts to believe for.  Hold onto Him.  He is Faithful and True.  He will hold you to the course, as long as you don't give up.  Believe me, you don't want to miss out on what He will do.  His plans are always more than we can imagine.  Whatever He has placed in your heart to believe for, it will be more than you were told to believe for, because that is how God is.  He is BIG.  I am sure you've heard the term, "You can't out give God"?  Well, I believe that is true.  He is always giving more than we can even dream of expecting.

My dear ones, may you be blessed with your dreams exploding within you.  May you have hope flooding you, even during this time of economic upheaval.  Let God restore your dreams to your heart.  Let your task be to open yourself up to having dreams again.  My dear ones, without hope, our hearts and minds get heavy with all the distractions around us.  We lose heart to believe for a better future.  Don't let that happen.  Tend to those dreams with the love of God in your heart.  Let Him guide you on the journey of making those dreams come true.  God bless you tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Laura, I am so pleased that you find my garden such a delight to be in~
    I just love others to come on over and find JoY & PeacE with the surroundings of how God has brought such beauty to abound all around our home....
    When my husband and I first purchased our property in which to have our home built, the first thing I felt led to do, was walk around the perimiter of where we knew our home would be...Then, visualize how and where to start planting, what type of trees, shrubs, plants and flowers....It was an ongoing process, that would take years to work on~
    Each and every thing that is planted around our home, took such pain staking labor....Not an easy task.....I have gone through 4 picks, because shovels do not work properly in our soil....they do not hold up with all the huge rocks that I have had to dig up whenever I dig a hole to plant anything.....
    And, I have dug a thousand holes.....Ha!
    But, all those rocks I have utilized for garden paths, decor, and so forth...Someday, I should count all the rocks that I have retrieved from the ground, I am sure there are way too many, I would lose count.... :-)
    After being in our home for almost 16 years now, I don't plant much...but there is still lots of garden maintence to be done almost weekly, and daily, depending on each season....
    I love being in the garden, it gives me a sense of our Lord's presence with each bird, bud, flowers in bloom, an array of colors, trickling sounds of water, bird nests, leaves, and yes, even all the different types of bugs....eek....
    Because I know in my heart, that God created it all....not me...I just did the planting...He made it become His Glory of what a glimpse of what Heaven may look like~
    And, that to me is pleasing and wonderful~
    Thank you dear Laura, in that my Lord's garden can bring you bursts of singing Psalms to God!
    You know that you are welcome to visit as often as you like....May you always find delights to flood your senses in when you take one of my garden paths....Love you dear sister~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I do so enjoy your lovely garden. It is so much fun to go there, and I did forget to mention, another pleasure of that garden is getting to spend time with you and your family. I love how Micaela will walk with me and share her heart, while we hear Anna and Kaylee's laughter in the background. It is also music to my ears, and then to come back and get a refreshing drink of water and sit and talk with you, while we still hear that musical symphony of water trickling near by, and the scents of the garden wafting in the air. Yes, it brings me great joy to go there. Thank you so much for sharing it with me and others too. I love you dear one.

    ReplyDelete