Sunday, February 13, 2011

Taking A Rest

The last two days, I have had to stay off my feet and rest.  It is not my choice, but something I had to do, to get a physical situation under control.  It is times like these, that you rely on the Lord more than ever.  You keep your mind clear and focused on Him, and let go of any anxiety you may have, due to not getting to do the things you want to do.

I have been blessed, in that my family took very good care of me.  They know how hard it is for me, to have to do this, and it is hard on them, too.  Isolino was able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather we have had, and he shared some of the beautiful pictures that he got.  The birds have been flocking to our birdfeeders and trees, and the little ladybugs have been back to visit.  He also went out to our local lake, and got some beautiful shots there.  This is the time of year we love to see, when plants are growing, flowers are beginning to bloom, and animals are so interesting to capture in their spring antics.   Of course, it is still too soon to call it spring, but in another month, it will be full blown in our area, with so many sights to enjoy and capture.  Being camera happy folks, we love to get these sights into a photo.

So, you can see how having to stay in bed, when all this beauty is happening around me, could be difficult.  Another thing, is that I was so looking forward to being in church today.  So, when things don't go the way you want them to, you just have to trust God.  My oldest daughter's birthday was yesterday.  She allowed us to celebrate her birthday today, and as we usually go out to dinner, she was so gracious to let us have dinner at our house.  It was so nice.  I was able to be at the table, as long as I didn't do too much, and sitting and eating and celebrating, with our conversation and food, was a delight for me.  It made up for having to stay down for so long.  Isolino made such a grumptious dinner of salmon and baked potatoes and cauliflower.  We certainly had a celebration and to be with our family and share the laughter we had, was so good.  God is gracious to us.

Proverbs states, "Be still and know that I am God."  So, when you have to be still, whether you want to be or not, know that God is there.  He is allowing this for a purpose.  You may never know why it had to be, but just allow Him to minister to you, in whatever way He does.  For me, He used my family to bless me.  He took care of my needs through my family.  I pray that each of you, when you need to be still before God, will have the help you need, and the patience to allow God to do His work.  He will direct you and lead you.  He will give you understanding and hope and strength.  Acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.  He knows what you need.  He understands better than you, what is coming up through the days and months ahead.  Let His grace, which is sufficient for us, help us to handle these situations.  Our God supplies our needs according to His riches in glory.  That is a place to shout Amen and Hallelujah!  This is the day that the Lord has made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment