Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Surprising Gifts

You may be wondering what this picture is of.  Well, for the New Years weekend, Isolino, Kaylee, and I went camping at Bodega Bay.  On our way to the campground, we stopped at the viewpoint for the whales.

We were blessed to get to see this whale very close to shore.  So many people were as excited as I was, and I wouldn't even have seen it, if Isolino hadn't pointed it out to me.

We had been here so many times before, and I always thought I might have seen a whale, way out in the distance, but you could never be sure.  This time, as you can see, it is more clear that there is definitely something big there in the water.  We could see them blowing through their spouts and spraying water in the air.  Isolino and Jolynn had come here in August to go deep sea fishing and they were blessed to see some whales that trip too, but further out.  I was so excited that God had allowed me to see these wonderful creatures.

This trip was about a lot of surprises.  I was able to get a woodpecker up close, I saw some swans, I was able to get some sheep, a beautiful hawk, seagulls, waves, whales, cranes, blue herons, egrets, and the most wonderful of all, we had a quiet campground, so our New Years was blessed.

I pray that you, too, get to see God giving you special surprises this year.  I have a dear friend who when she went to Hawaii, said, "God let me see everything I was desiring to see.  It was like He was giving me gifts all during my trip."  That is how I felt on this trip, and I pray you feel that same wonderful feeling of getting gifts wrapped up in God's Love and Care, saying to you, "I love you so much, I want to bless you with the answer to this desire."  If an \earthly father can give good gifts, how much more does our heavenly Father want to give us good things?  A lot more!  He is good.  Believe He has good things in store for you my dear friends.  God bless you!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! What a surprise! Great writing, and good reading! Very proud of you stepping out and just doing it! Have fun, and keep up what you've always done all along...encouraging! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wrenae, thank you so much. Love you too.

    ReplyDelete