Monday, January 3, 2011

First Monday of the New Year

This Monday started like most Mondays, with a situation.  I was choosing today not to let anything phase me, and so with each step, just went forward with a laugh on my lips and a joyful heart.

Car situations, late starts, gas crises', and time allotments being challenged, didn't mean a thing.  What was important was to enjoy this day and bring joy to whoever I was with.

I had many nice things happen today.  I saw a lot of hawks, which have a big spiritual significance for me.  I enjoyed the clouds and the sky and the wonder of God's handiwork.  I enjoyed being with my middle daughter and her boyfriend, which I don't get to do very often, and mostly, I was grateful for another day to be here on earth, to have my family be in my life, and to have an understanding husband.

I have many things to share, of this weekend and what God blessed me with, but until I get my pictures done, I have to wait for all of that.  So, Mondays being what they are, this one was neither the best or the worst, but one where I saw my choice of attitude make a huge difference for me.

I received more card orders from one of my sisters, which blessed and surprised me, I received a call from a dear friend of ours wishing us a joyous New Year, and I had a wonderful dinner cooked up by my precious husband.  Our youngest daughter had a good first day back to school with her new teacher and our close friend, Mrs. Garcia.  Then to top the day and night off, our oldest daughter came by and we got to enjoy a long time of sharing together.  My son even blessed me with his "Hey".  God is good, all the time, and all the time, God is good.  God's blessings to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment