Monday, January 31, 2011

Hemmed In, But Not Defeated Psalm 4

Today is the day for Psalm 4. As I was reading this beautiful Psalm, I prayed for a song to go along with it. The one I was getting, just didn't seem to fit, and so I felt I was to go looking. A few almost fit, but didn't feel right. Finally I found this one. I will post it at the end of the Psalm for you to enjoy. I pray that as you listen to it, you will be impacted as I was, with how well it fit this Psalm.


Psalm 4

Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness (uprightness, justice, and right standing with You)! You have freed me when I was hemmed in and enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me and hear my prayer.

O you sons of men, how long will you turn my honor and glory into shame? How long will you love vanity and futility and seek after lies? Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself [and given distinction to] him who is godly [the man of loving-kindness]. The Lord listens and heeds when I call to Him.

Be angry [or stand in awe] and sin not; commune with your own hearts upon your beds and be silent (sorry for the things you say in your hearts). Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

Offer just and right sacrifices ; trust (lean on and be confident ) in the Lord.

Many say, "Oh, that we might see some good! Lift up the light of Your countenance upon us, O Lord.

You have put more joy and rejoicing in my heart than [they know] when their wheat and new wine have yielded abundantly.

In peace I will both lie down and sleep for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust.


Be blessed, be freed, be encouraged. Enjoy this precious song.




   

2 comments:

  1. That is a cool song I'll have to buy it on itunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Isolino. I was looking for quite some time for just the right one. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete