Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Busy As A Bee

Today was one of those days that got away from me.  I went to the knitting class in the morning, and found out I had done my stitches wrong, so had to learn the correct way.  I was glad of that, though, as I was getting too tight on the rows and it was hard to get the needle in the loops.  So, now, it seems that the loops are indeed looser, and that makes it much easier to knit faster.

The group of ladies are very nice, and no pressure.  We even got to see the cutest little baby come in.  Five weeks old.  She was adorable and so tiny.  Two other ladies just started learning to knit, too, so it was a good group to be in.

Next I went to get gas, as I knew I might be on the road later, so I ended up waiting quite a while for the person in front of me to fill their tank.  I could have gone to the other side, but as busy as this gas station is, I didn't want to end up being in a worse mess, so I just waited.  The person in front of me was wondering why I didn't just go to the other side, but I knew this place, and obviously she was from out of town heading to the ski slopes, so I wasn't offended, just thought it was funny.

Then I headed into work, and Isolino and I talked a bit about his website, which is on the side of this blog, if you happen to want to visit it.  The name is "Inspirational Bible Verses".  It is all done with the pictures he's taken, with Bible verses put on them.  Your church can even use them if they wanted to.  Anyway, he is in the process of changing things, and deciding what he is going to do next with this site.  He is trying to make it easier for people to access the photos and download them.  He has put so much work into this site, and it is a blessing to read the verses he's chosen with the photos.  Talk about busy.   I don't know how he does it all.  Plus, he helps me quite a bit on this blog site.  All the additional things on this site, he's done to enhance this blog site.  What a worker.

Then I had to make a few phone calls, and get busy finishing the quarterly books, so they get turned in on time.  I was so happy that my first month was all adding up right, and that meant I got started on the second month, and entered that in.  Those of you who have done this, know what a process this is, and it can be very tedious and time consuming.  If you get interrupted a lot, that adds to the challenge.  Today wasn't too bad, as far as interruptions, and I was blessed, with how well it went.

Isolino waited patiently for me to finish up, and then we headed home to pick up Kaylee and head to Riverbank and finish up some business we had there.  Isolino treated us to a nice dinner, since we wouldn't have time to make anything when we got home, and it was already after 6 o'clock, so we definitely needed to eat.  We went to Red Robin, and had yummy hamburgers.  Well, Isolino and I did, Kaylee had original mac and cheese.  Must have been good, cause she ate it up.

Then we headed for home, and all the things waiting for us there.  I did dishes, emptied out the garbage, and then helped Kaylee finish her homework, which she had needed some help on.  I finally sat down to upload some photo's to Flickr and do this blog.  It is almost midnight.  The end of a busy day, and the start of a new one.  I share all this, because as busy as my day was, I am sure most of you, experience even busier days than this.  I want to encourage you to take a deep breath, and let it out, and then do it again, a few times, maybe, and then, look around you, and count your blessings.

Today I was blessed by a group of ladies sharing kindness together.  A husband who shared his interests with me.  A job that was going smoothly.  People who stopped by and blessed me.  A safe trip in very murky foggy weather.  A quick finish to a job needing to be done.  A fun meal with some of my family.  A safe trip home, and those who prayed for that safe trip home with prayer for angels to be with us and surrounding us in safety (thank you Jill and Pastor Dave, for the prayers).  A daughter who helped carry the garbage out to the outside can (thank you, Jolynn).  A daughter who went and did what she was supposed to do (thank you, Kaylee).  And a husband who is patient to the max (thank you, Isolino).  I am truly blessed.  I would love to hear how blessed you are today.  What wonderful things did you find to be thankful for?  I love to hear the stories that these blogs bring to your minds.  This is your site, too.  You are a part of the blessings that go on here.  Your comments and viewings make this more of what it is meant to be, a place of encouragement.

4 comments:

  1. Here is a couple of sites you might want to check out:

    http://blogspot.sharedbook.com/blog2print/googleblogger/index.html

    http://blog.christianmoney.com/2011/01/how-to-make-money-as-a-paid-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so grateful that your family arrived back home safely from your drive to Riverbank this afternoon...Especially with all that fog that seems to persist in covering our Foothill areas.
    As I was reading your blog this evening, it brought to mine when just yesterday I was very busy working in my garden. I was pruning just about everything in sight. And, I only seemed to be able to accomplish only about 1/3 of the side in my backyard. I still have much more work to do in that big garden of mine.... As the sky got darker, it was then that I noticed the fog was starting to roll back in. I looked up to the western side and saw the fog thick and heavy coming in closer to me, as though I was being engulfed in it.
    It made me feel a little uneasy, somewhat frightened. I turned around to go inside, since it was just about dark anyways, and as I did so, I looked up at the eastern sky overlooking my home and noticed the big clear full moon. It had a luminous circle emcompassing it completely. With slight colors of a prism.
    I thought for that moment what a blessing on one side, and not on the other....how ironic...
    But then, God revealed to me that is what life is like. We can see things as good or bad, but we need to be aware of it. What is good? What is bad? It all depends on our perspective at the time. Some people may see fog as interesting and unique, and appreciate it,
    while others like me visualize it quite differently.
    Isn't everything that occurs on this earth for a reason, there is a lesson to take in, it may look awful and bad one moment, then seconds, hours, days, months, or mayber years later look awesome and beautiful!
    There might be pain or suffering involved which makes it even more difficult to see clearly, but if we continue to trust, I know it isn't always easy to trust. But, if we stay with Gods holy course, we can acheive a greater understanding of His goodness for us for a purpose that surpasses all.........
    Our Lord uses it all in order for us to aspire to something even greater.....
    As in Psalm 90:12
    "So teach us to number our days, that we may get us a heart of wisdom".

    ~Let each of us savor every moment, this is indeed an awesome and unique gift from the hand of our Lord Himself.
    As in Job 5:9
    "Who does great things and unsearchable, marvelous things without number".

    Try and remember today is both a debut and final performance directly from God~
    Enjoy and appreciate all the Blessings each and everyday that He delightfully gives us!

    ~Thank you dear Laura for reminding us of that~Your words are always encouraging, what a powerful gift our Lord has given you dear lady~

    Many Blessings to you and your family,
    In His Most Amazing Love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your site. I so enjoy reading it and there are days that I do indeed need your encouragement. I think of one blessing of many and that is that a goofy internet sight has brought me to some very long lost cousins. I cant wait to hug you. Love Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isolino, I checked on the money one, and I will read the other one soon. Cindy, as I told you today, I need to send you a better reply than I can right now. What you wrote is indeed beautiful. Bonnie, I am so blessed that you connected with me, and I have had so much fun reading and catching up through facebook on you and Kendra. Tell your mom I love her so much. I pray for her all the time, (and now for you and Kendra, and your families). I think you are pretty, and whatever that little girl said, was just the enemy wanting you to feel bad. I can't wait to hug you, too. Next time we come to Montana, we will make time for that.

    I love you all. Thank you for your comments. They help me so much.

    ReplyDelete