Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Last night the wind was blowing, the rain was falling, and our dog Cocoa was wanting to go out, but as soon as she saw how it was out there, she would run right back into the house with her tail between her legs.  After doing this 4 or 5 times, I was getting pretty frustrated with her, but what could I do?  She needed to go, and I sure didn't want to clean up a mess in the morning.

Well, this morning I got up, and she was good all night, so I knew she needed me to let her out.  It had rained a bit earlier, but was just cold and wet at this moment.  I called her to me, and opened the door.  She was out of there like a rocket.  She did her business and was so happy.  Shortly after she went, I heard some more rain falling down.  Just in time, for her to be taken care of, and me to be relieved to help her along.

Sometimes our lives are like that.  We know we need to do something, but the fear and the troubles keep us locked up in our little lives, not willing to take the chance of going "out there" to take care of that business.  Sometimes we have to wait for a better time, and then be relieved to be finally getting that opportunity to "take care of business".  Sometimes, we realize we have someone watching over us, helping us along, and we are able to say, "thank you".

Seeing the rain, hearing the wind, and wanting to be like the eagle that is exhilarated by the opportunity to fly high because of the winds strength.  I want to be waiting on the Lord, renewing my strength like that eagle, so that I can run and not be weary.  There is a verse in the Bible that says, "Be not weary in doing good, for in due time you shall reap your reward."  Sometimes it seems we plug along and plug along, seeing no fruit on our trees.  We wonder if we've been left behind.  We wonder when we'll see the fruit bursting forth and in plenteous supply.  This verse gives us hope to keep persevering along.  In DUE time, we'll see our labors rewarded.  Just like our Cocoa.  She waited all night (which was very hard on her) and was rewarded with that opportunity to get her job done.

I pray you will see fruit this season.  I pray you will begin to see light at the end of that tunnel.  I pray that you will look to Jesus for help in your distress.  He is always there and always willing and able to help.  God bless you tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment